Monday 11 May 2015

Aperture

A few weeks ago I was messing about with the kids and a camera while standing in line to see a huge stinky flower.  As is my way I wondered what an extreme wide angle close up of H's eye would look like.  While I was taking this shot - and people around me were moving away and phoning social services - I noticed that I could see my reflection in H's eye.

At this point I got the idea of seeing if I could get the front element of my lens to line up with the pupil of H's eye.  This shot is the best I managed, with a bit of cropping.

In my past life as a science teacher I used to do the classic comparison of a camera and the eye sort of thing - I think I would have used this image as an introduction.  I get the feeling that part of me will always be a science teacher!



You can find more macro shots at Macro Monday2 and I Heart Macro.  SM

14 comments:

  1. What a cool reflection! Great shot Stewart! Have a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heel mooi met een prachtige weerkaatsing in het oog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, Stewart!! I love it!! Enjoy your new week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat shot of the reflection in his eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A reflection in an almost-golden eye!

    You wouldn't make a very good crook, Stewart...the cops would've picked up on the clue...your reflection straight away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the story behind the image. And the image itself captures so much dimension and depth in the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot Stewart.
    The reflection in the eye is really super.
    Best regards, Irma

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super shot..I'm going to have to try that with my sister if I can get her to put up with my nonsense..as she calls it..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheers to the science teacher still in there. Makes for out of the box photo shoots!! Splendid capture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. NOw THAT is fun -- and instructive too. (I could use a good Science teacher, since I seem to have slept through most of such classes.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a great shot! Even though I'm an English teacher, the farmer/soap maker/cook in my loves science.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I really do see you! Cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool idea! I really like the photo! I can see you as a science teacher, but more biology and ornithology and that sort of thing than splitting atoms and creating robots. :-) There are definitely two sides to science...I love the former also. And having teaching in your blood, I bet your kids love everything you share with them when you are on outings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. An inquisitive mind never stops wondering, Stewart! A super shot!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete