Thursday 15 March 2012

Bellarine Moonrise - SkyWatch Friday.

As I was just arriving at Point Lonsdale last weekend the Moon was just rising. I watched it rise over the trees as I was driving along the road, wishing I was where I was planning to be, fed up with being trapped in the metal box of a car.

Eventually I found I place where I could look down hill at the Moon, as I wanted to have an empty foreground in any pictures I would take. These are the results. I was tired, fed up and hungry. I’m glad the pictures came out like they did.

If the traffic had not been as heavy (we are talking aboutUK Bank Holliday type traffic for those of you who know about this sort of thing!) I would have missed this sight. I suppose I should consider it a bonus! The other evenings in the weekend were cloudy, so these were the best views I got, which were, if the truth be told and I could stop being grumpy, rather magnificent!

You can find more picture of the sky doing its rather wondrous thing at SkyWatch Friday.

You can find the latest post to my other blog by clicking the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the screen.

Enjoy the skies.

26 comments:

  1. Fantastic shots Steward, I LOVE them! Funny how life works sometimes isn't it? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot of the moon looking like an orange thrown up in the sky, Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific capture, Stewart, and such a beautiful, orange moon!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are beautiful. :) glad you were able to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - what wondrous shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful photos for SWF,Steward!Well done!Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing the moon when it is this pretty color. Great capture of of the moon rising.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! It almost looks as if you were in a plane looking down... I love these pictures (hate to say I'm glad about the traffic troubles but....)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I would find some clear skies on your blog to make up for all our grey ones, and I wasn't disappointed. How very beautiful. Worth all your traffic frustration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great captures Stewart, which surely managed to lift your spirits? Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous sky!

    MY Skywatch, hope you'd come and see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stewart these are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bet you thinking about cheese while taking these ;)
    Fabulous shots Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  14. loving your great moon shots!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful tangerine moon ..... Sometimes it pays to be stuck in a metal box!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great images of the moon, lovely colour as well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great way of showing it. :)


    My SWF
    http://nfmemes.blogspot.com/2012/03/himmelsk-sky-watch.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice detail on the moon itself. Lucky for us, you were stuck in traffic so you noticed :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Imagens muito belas.
    Raramente vejo a lua nesses tons alaranjados.

    º°❤ Bom fim de semana!
    °Âº✿ Beijinhos.
    º° ✿ ✿⊱╮ Brasil

    ReplyDelete
  20. The colors and the contrast are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Red moonrises are the best. You were so lucky to capture this one! Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful moon shots, Stewart. Glad you were able to turn being trapped in traffic into something productive!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, beautiful photos of the orange mooon!

    ReplyDelete